“All men have been created to carry forward an ever-advancing civilization. The Almighty beareth Me witness: To act like the beasts of the field is unworthy of man. Those virtues that befit his dignity are forbearance, mercy, compassion and loving-kindness towards all the peoples and kindreds of the earth…. ”
— Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 215
“That one indeed is a man who, today, dedicateth himself to the service of the entire human race. The Great Being saith: Blessed and happy is he that ariseth to promote the best interests of the peoples and kindreds of the earth. In another passage He hath proclaimed: It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.”
— Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 250
I became a Baha’i in 1985.
Here are some interesting Baha’i sites on the web…
- Baha’i community sites
- The Baha’i Faith – The international website of the Baha’is of the world
- Official Website of the Bahá’ís of the United States
- The New Orleans Baha’i Community
- The Scotts Valley Baha’i Community
- The Bosch Baha’i School, Bonny Doon / Santa Cruz, California
- Stanford Baha’i Association
- Other Baha’i sites
You are welcome to contact me if you want to learn more about the Baha’i Faith, or need help in finding a local Baha’i community near you.